- Bones from the chicken thighs, this might be a bit tedious but the result is worth it. Remove the skin from the meat and layout the thighs, placing the skin to one side to cover the meat later.
- Lightly apply the poultry seasoning to the inside and coat with BBQ sauce. Roll up the meat and wrap it up in the skin as a tight parcel. Rub in a generous amount of poultry seasoning on all sides of the fi nished parcels.
- Place the butter on two aluminium barbecue trays and briefl y heat them on the barbecue. Coat the trays with the liquid butter and place 4 seasoned parcels in each tray with the joined seam facing downwards.
- Setup the smoker for indirect barbecuing, adjust the temperature to 220°C and close the lid. Place both the aluminium barbecue trays in the middle of the barbecue grill and barbecue indirectly for 40 minutes.
- Whilst the meat is cooking make the BBQ glaze. Mix together the ketchup, sugar, vinegar, 2 tbsp water, the Worcestershire sauce and 1 ½ tbsp poultry seasoning and leave it to simmer in a pot.
- Lift the chicken thighs out of the tray and briefl y barbecue directly over the fi re until crispy. Coat with the glaze before serving.