These jalapeño poppers make the perfect appetizer or side for your next cook out, and don’t be afraid of the heat, customize these to your own level of enjoyment!
Before you start remember to either wear gloves or be careful not to touch your face during the preparation. Jalapeño oils are hot and easily spread.
- Set cream cheese out while preparing peppers to allow softening to room temp.
- Slice jalapeños in half length wise (each pepper will become two “poppers” i.e. 10 peppers makes 20 poppers)
- Once all peppers are halved, using a spoon scoop out “the guts”. (((This is one area where you can determine the amount of heat, leaving some of the membrane, or mixing it back in with the cream cheese will add the heat. Not a fan of spice, clean that membrane out good! )))
- Gently rinse your jalapeños to remove any left over seeds and excess oil. If you like it hot, skip this step!
- Using a spoon or your hands pack the cream cheese into peppers.
- Now that your peppers are stuffed it’s time to wrap! Start at the top of the pepper and overlap the bacon one time to hold in place. Continue to spiral wrap slightly overlapping until you reach the bottom. Use a toothpick to hold bacon in place.
- Preheat grill (or oven) to 375-425 for indirect cooking.
- Place poppers cream cheese side up on grill opposite from direct heat/flame, this will avoid flare ups from the grease. Using tinfoil or a drip pan will help catch grease to keep your grill clean.
- Cook approximately 20 minutes or until bacon is crispy, depending on thickness.
- Let cool and enjoy!